Monday, February 5, 2007

Reveling

I have heard moms say that they didn't know they could love as much as they do until they had a child. I have also heard plenty of moms say that they didn't think they could have enough love to give if they had another child. Which always has driven me crazy. My BIL overheard his mom say when he was little that she had no clue that she could love another child more than her first son, until she had her second. He lives with that memory to this day. I look at my two boys and I am amazed at the amount of love I have for them both. I don't love one more than the other. But I do love them equally for different reasons.
My oldest guy is so sweet, with a loving heart. He is funny and learning so much every day. He cares for those around him, and often thanks Jesus for his friends at night. He is dramatic and full of energy, but I know that he loves his family with a steady love.
My second little guy is crazy, and busy. He loves to climb in my lap, no matter how inopportune the moment, and give big hugs and kisses. And how can you deny that, no matter what I am doing, my heart melts when I hear "Need Hug? Need kiss Mommy? He is impulsive, a little bit of a bully to his big brother, but is always ready to hug and say he is sorry. I love hearing him say Good Morning Brother, I love you! And boy can he carry a grudge!
I am also so excited to meet the new little one I am carrying, in August. I already love her/him, and we pray daily for health and safety. I also pray the gifts of the spirit over all my children, that they would have sweet spirits.
I am so blessed every day by my little ones, and I can't imagine life without them! I revel in their love, and while I do get stressed out sometimes, especially when it is just me and them for weeks at a time when Daddy is gone, I THANK GOD for them every day!

No comments: