Friday, August 7, 2009

Do Nothing Day

I feel like since the Hubster left, it has been non-stop GO GO GO! Today is really the first day I have been able to sit down finally I think. I love being busy, I think it helps the time go by faster. Although considering it feels like he has been gone for about 3 months, instead of only 17 days. We have had playdates, grocery shopping (which is quite the feat with 3 kids!), some cake baking business, and hunting and purchasing a King size bed for our room. That happened a lot faster then intended. But being the self proclaimed Queen of Craigslist, I scored a pretty fabulous deal! You know how when you find something and even if you weren't completely ready to buy something, you really have no choice because the price and item are so amazing?? That was this bed. Solid carved head and footboard, leather insets, recessed lights, and HEAVY. Of course, I didn't even think about the fact that I would need to buy all new bedding. Queen bedding does no cover a whole lot on a King! Hubster loves what he can see on the tiny pic I sent to his cell. I think he will love it even more in person.
Today, to quote Phineas and Ferb is a "Do nothing Day". Albeit, not a long lasting Do Nothing Day. I got a surprise call from one of my Girlies who is in town! I have known her FOREVER it seems. I was her Jr High leader when she was Oh, 12... And now she is in her 20's and a recent Nursing Grad! I am so proud of that girl! Anyway, she is in town for Lollapalooza, just like last year. And we get to hang with her tomorrow morning. Which means a nice little clean-up around the house.
We do love visitors though, and now (once I get motivated to put it back together...)have an guest bedroom with a lovely queen guestbed!
I may even bake a pie...

No comments: