Friday, August 14, 2009

Wah Wah Wah....

Yep, this is going to be one of those posts. I am tired. I am overwhelmed and maybe it doesn't seem like the hubsters been gone long enough just yet for me to feel this way, but caring for 3 kids on my own, without an ounce of offered help, well, its taking its toll on me.
I remember when everyone heard he was going to Iraq, all we heard was "We will take care of you and the kiddos" "We will adopt you!" "Don't worry, we will always be there when you need us."
Where is all that help now? I hate complaining. I am really doing my best to be strong. Its hard work! I am taking care of 3 crazy kids, an enormous dog, coupled with keeping the house clean. Because if I didn't we would soon be overtaken by the amount of hair our sweet Aigneis sheds! Dishes, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, laundry. One of the disadvantages of being in a larger home, is keeping the sucker clean, and it feels like the minute I get on top of one area, and move on to the next, the first area is filthy again.
Lately, at the end of every day, I either want to pass out on the bed, or cry in the corner. I'm sure it being "that time of the month" isn't helping much!
Then to top it off, I have someone who has decided now is a good time to bug me about watching their child. Who in their right mind would want to hand someone whose husband is deployed and has 3 kids, a dog, and is trying to run a house and a business another child?! Ok, enough of that. Ah, the trials and tribulations of being a Navy Wife.
I wish there was a formula on how to better handle a deployment. And I am sure there are people out there who will say there is! Just go here, buy this book. Talk to so and so. But how is that even possible? Every family is different, so their needs are going to be different. You can't provide a fail-proof formula that works across the board.
By the way, is there a fail-proof way to get a 2 yr old who is newly in a big girl bed, to SLEEP in her big girl bed at naptime?? Did I mention how tired I am?

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

Oh, you poor thing! I can't imagine- and I'm tired just reading this. My house is huge too, and cleaning is definitely a bear! I know it's not cheap, but can you hire a cleaning lady or service? It might be worth the money to keep mommy sane and happy.
And I totally hear you on the being bugged to watch someone else's kid. If you're like me you have a hard time saying "no" to people. Unfortunately, I've just had to learn how to do it, because it's an issue that comes up again and again. (The learning how to say "no.") Hang in there, momma, and know that you're in my prayers.