Saturday, August 22, 2009

Julie and Julia

It would seem, and maybe just because I am reading the book, that there are a ton of bloggers out there doing something very similar. I suppose we are all secretly hoping that if we write long enough, about something remotely interesting, that we will be discovered and offered a book deal. And then a movie deal, and Amy Adams will play me, well, actually I would prefer Jennifer Garner. Sorry Amy, I know it must be a dream of yours...
I like to cruise around and read baking blogs, or blogs of people who have a bakery. Its interesting and gets my creative juices flowing. I get to thinking about different flavors and aesthetics of cupcakes and cookies. Also it gives me a little kick of inspiration. I know this is supposed to be more of a family blog, and it will head back in that direction once my new website and bakery to be blog are finished and I have somewhere to put these types of posts. I bet I just lost my one lonely reader! I just can't help what is consuming my brain at the moment! There are just so many awesomely delicious recipes out there, for cookies, and cakes, and tarts. In fact, I realized today that I have never attempted an authentic pound cake, or something that seems to elusive to a lot of bakers... The RED VELVET CAKE!
Maybe I should find a cookbook, like Cake Bible, or Joy of Cooking and bake through it in a year...
Although I doubt I would have the following Julie had, or rather, has?

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

You know, I like to write about what is on my mind, so my blog isn't always family oriented either. Plus, I don't think it's so much fun to be pigeon-holed. I just assume people's blogs are about who they are, as mine is about who I am...so write on! ;-)