Friday, June 22, 2007

Almost Too Tired

I have been sitting here this morning trying to get some work done. I have articles to write and a phone call to make. But instead I am practically drooling on my keyboard. My eyes want to close so badly right now. Unfortunately, unless my boys spontaneously fall asleep, that won't be happening until sometime after 8 tonight. I thought being on my vaca in California would help me catch up on some sleep. Boy, was I wrong! The time difference wreaked havoc on my already screwed up sleep cycles. Combine that with getting to spend time with one of my closest friends that I haven't had any face time with in two years, and well, lets just say my boys let me get more sleep!
Plus I got so spoiled with hubby being home, today is the first day he actually has to go to work. And what makes it more fun is that he has watch tonight. Although on the flip side, that probably means I will be getting to bed a lot earlier!

On a slightly less perky side, here is an update on my dad. He is recuperating at home, slowly. He has good days and bad days. As I would expect is going to happen when you have the type of surgery he went through. When I called to talk to my mom the other night, I found out that the type of tumor that was in the bone they removed is very rare. And is usually not found within a bone. His Doctors were planning on radiation, but have decided to add chemotherapy as well. My dad was hoping to avoid that. I am unsure if it will be in pill form or not. Is this the usual way now? There is just so much we don't know. And its a little scary to say the least. I know God is sovereign and in control, but can I just say that 2007 has not been the greatest year ever. To those of you praying, thank you so much. It is a precious thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you... you're poor dad! I will continue to keep him in my prayers. It's been the same for me...2006 and 2007 haven't been the funnest of years for me either. Hugs to you!