Tuesday, March 6, 2007

More Grocery Game Success!

I had promised to talk a little more about the Grocery Game after I had done it for a couple of weeks. Yesterday was my second round with the game. I had a pretty good idea from the week before so I knew what I was looking for, and what I was doing! We had intended to do the grocery shopping Sunday, but the day got away from us, hee hee hee, in other words we found things to do that we enjoy a LOT more than grocery shopping. So when I suggested that we pick up a paper and go to the grocery store, Damon said lets just do it Monday. Which is fine, they post the list Sunday through Tuesday. So Monday I mentally went through the fridge, freezer, and cupboards, made my menu plan and then went to the website. I got through it much quicker than last week. I scanned the blues and greens, determined that while FREE dogfood is a great deal, we don't have a dog, and I probably didn't need to stockpile it! For the three stores I get info from, I made up my list of things we use, would need to stockpile, and that which we really needed. Ie. milk, bisquick, and perishables like fruits and veggies. Then I went through my freshly clipped coupons,which does not smell like freshly clipped grass, and pulled the ones that coincided with the sales at the stores. Then once Damon got home, we ate dinner. Because as we all know, shopping on an empty stomach is a big NO NO! We still did 3 stores this week, but they were all within like a couple of minutes of eachother. Walgreens had 2 bottles of laundry detergent (tide or gain) for $11. As well as Dawn dishsoap for .99 a piece, which I paired with a coupon. I paid a little over $13 and saved over $7! Then we went to Winn Dixie which was across the street. I saved another $22 here and got a lot of BOGO's. This week we bought just as much stuff as last week and spent less. In the past two weeks, with the help of the Grocery Game, and learning to clip coupons as well as when to use them, I have saved well over $100. Our stockpile is growing, and I think I will have it well in place before the usual 12 weeks. So there you have it folks! Week 2 and it is definitely saving us a great deal of money! If you have any questions about it, or about joining, please leave a comment and I will email you back! Seriously, I can't think of a good reason to not join this program. I have already more than paid for my monthly membership, which I won't even pay fully for until March 17th when my trial period ends. Who doesn't like to save money!?!?!

No comments: