Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Fear Not

This was in an e-mail a friend sent me this morning. It really touched my heart so I thought I would share it with all of you! And as the author says, Be Blessed!

hey ladies, i don't know why, but for some reason as we have begun this new year, i have been a bit fearful and uncertain about what is to come in the near future. i know thatGod is in control, and that He is guiding everyone'sfootsteps- and bringing everyone into His perfect will and plan. however, this is and has been in the past, a very real struggle for me. just to simply have faith, not to fear, and to rest in Him, rather than wrestle with all my questions and uncertainty.anyways, i got this devotions in my email thismorning, and it spoke directly to my heart and my spirit. i thought that i would share with yall, in hopes that it will be a blessing to you as well, if any of you are going through the same things as me. be blessed ladies! you are all strong, beautiful,mighty women of God, who are called to awesome things!
in His Name,lindsey v*
------------------------------------------------------January 3, 2007Encouragement for Today:
“No Need to Fear”
Micca Campbell, Proverbs 31 Ministries Speaker andAuthor, Director of Outreach Key

Verse:Romans 8:15, “For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father.” (NKJ)

Devotion:Five-year old Johnny was in the kitchen as his mother made supper. She asked him to go into the pantry and get her a can of tomato soup, but he didn't want to go in alone. "It's dark in there and I'm scared." She asked again, and he persisted. Finally she said, "It's OK--Jesus will be in there with you." Johnny walked hesitantly to the door and slowly opened it. He peeked inside, saw it was dark, and started to leave when all at once an idea came, and he said, "Jesus, if You're in there, would You hand me that can of tomato soup?" Fear is a paralyzing emotion. It keeps us from many things. Fear can prevent us from using our gifts andtalents. It can keep us from doing our jobs. Fear causes us to worry about getting sick. It makes us suspicious of others. Fear can stop us from pursuing relationships or unfulfilled dreams. It causes us to worry unnecessarily about loved ones or doubt our parenting skills. Fear isolates us from our family and friends. It can keep us up at night and shut us down during the day. Like Johnny, we’d be less fearful if we knew for sure Jesus was there to hand us our can of soup instead of having to get it alone. The truth is we don’t have to go it alone. Jesus has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. That gives us reason not to fear. Did you know that the phrase, “fear not,” is writtenin the Bible 365 times? That’s one “fear not” for every day of the year! As a result of that truth, you and I can move forward into the New Year with confidence.
Each day God’s message is the same:
“Fear not that job interview, I am with you.”
“Fear not becoming a new mom, I will help you.”
“Fear not in college, for I am there.”
“Fear not in decision making, I will guide you.”
“Fear not for your children, I love them more.”
“Fear not death, I am the resurrected One.”
“Fear not being alone, I will never leave you.”
“Fear not serving in that area, I have placed you there.”
“Fear not what others think, I think you’re special.”
“Fear not____________, I am always with you even until the ends of the Earth.”

Do you think God is sending a message to His children?Those who live a life of sin, indeed, fear death and judgment, and rightly so. However, the Spirit of adoption helps us realize the rich reality that Christ conquered death and sin. “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31. What more is there to fear? Whatever you and I face throughout the year, we need not worry. God has broken the spirit of fear and given us the assurance that nothing can snatch us from His hand. As God’s children, we can go to Him without hesitation and cry out, “Abba, Father,” which means daddy, confident that He will hear and answer our cries. …And if need be, hand us a can of soup.

My Prayer for Today:Dear Lord, thank you that because I’m Your child I have nothing to fear. Teach me to live in Your presence so when fear comes knocking, You can answer the door, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: