Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Next Tim Gunn?

This past Saturday I piled the kids in the car and we headed out to the Base for the Family Day picnic. This was only for the families of the ship deployed. Not something I usually attend, simply because I am not your average Navy wife. (Which I realize makes me sound like a snob, and I promise I am not, if you knew most of the guys on hubbys boat, you would know why)

The main entrance to the gate intersects with a road that goes into a park. Where you can camp, or go down to the beach. There is also a really nice play area with a water playground. I can only assume this is where a family was heading that was crossing the street next to us. Nothing out of the ordinary, mom, dad, and some kids. One particular little boy was ready to swim in a pair of swim trunks.

Train Junkie was in the backseat and watching from the window.
Then I heard a loud "GASP" from the backseat, "MOMMY!! That boy is NAKED!"

I am scanning the streets wildly, looking for the perverted kid who is naked. Not seeing anyone, I look a little closer and recognize the issue is with the kid in his swim trunks.

"Sweetie, he is not NAKED, he is wearing swim shorts."

"Well, he needs to put some clothes on, it is NOT ok to go out in just your swim shorts"

Yes, Thank You Train Junkie for reminding us of correct Fashion Etiquette!

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

Ha ha ha...it's so funny what they pick up!