Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Road Trippin'

It has been a long two days. We are currently driving our way back from visiting hubby's family in Texas. Imagine how much fun it is to drive for 2 days with a 3 yr old, 2 yr old, and a 6 week old. I think Baby Girl has done the best. We have eaten our combined weight in junk food, and drank more caffeine than would normally be legal. Altogether makes for some delirious parents. Hubby and I tend to get ridiculous in our conversations. We start making up odd statements and ways to describe things that you normally wouldn't hear.
On the other hand, its great to have that time together as a family. The boys are entertaining. Train Junkie gets very excited and high pitched when he spots a train. Little Guy talks ENDLESSLY about the bugs he sees and whether they are nice or are going to "get" him.
I was reading from a Guidepost earlier this week and read an article that Alton Brown from the Food Network had written. If you are a fan, then you know he is responsible for shows like Good Eats and Feasting on Asphalt. I had no idea he was a Christian until I read the article. Which only makes us like him more! We were cruising through Mississippi, when we saw a group of guys on motorcycles. Convinced it could POSSIBLY be him and his entourage coming back from their FOA tour, we whipped around to follow them. They pulled into a diner on the side of the road, and we realized it was NOT him. Oh well, its the thrill of the hunt, right? Which makes us sound like stalkers, which we are not! Just enthused fans...
We have become technologically advanced for this trip. The boys have their DVD player, which lends to keeping them entertained. Not that we play it from the moment we get in the car. It usually gets put into play once that glazed over look takes hold of them. And I feel especially techy traveling with my laptop and wireless card. Thats right people, I can check email, and surf the net.... FROM THE CAR!!! Look out (insert techy persons name here, since I don't know anyone...) I am moving up in the world wide web!
During our time in Texas, I convinced hubby I could not go on a moment longer if I didn't do something with my hair. It had been cut right before Baby Girl was born into a shaggy rendition of Mandy Moores latest "do". I wanted to go blonde too, but knew the minute the hairdresser started putting the foils on, I would go into labor. I hear its a lot easier to head to the hospital in the middle of a hair cut, than get up and deliver a baby with my head covered in bleach and foils.
So I researched and found a reputable hair salon. The girl had put my hair in so many foils, I am surprised I didn't start picking up digital satelite tv. She put me under the heat dealy thingy with the hole in the middle, and I read up on Britney Spears and her troubles. She was on the cover of EVERY rag mag, so I didn't have much of a choice in reading material. Anywho, hairdresser girl came to check my progress, and in the process shifted the foils. The weight of them must have pushed them onto my scalp, because suddenly, it felt like my head was ON FIRE! I started looking for my girl and finally had to flag down someone else to find her. She decided it was time to rinse me out and blow dry my hair. It looks great, however, I now have crispy hair in places near my scalp from the BURNS that were inflicted upon my poor head. Its a little scabby too. I only hope it doesn't fall out and leave bald spots. That would completely spoil my attempt to look like I am completely together and not chasing around 2 kids while simultaneously being chained to the couch every two hours to feed a baby. And keeping an immaculate home.

1 comment:

Lois E. Lane said...

Your poor head! Glad to hear your trip was eventful, and it's comforting to know there are other stalkers, I mean "enthused fans," out there like me :)