Tuesday, May 22, 2007

YIPPEEE!!

I tend to screen my phone calls some days. I get a lot of pointless vendor calls, usually people in the music business, pianists, and jazz quartets who want to know if I have any business for them. Which I am sure in their minds is good networking. They are staying fresh in peoples minds. Well, to me, I have their numbers, when I need one of them, I will call them. And as long as they insist on calling every couple of weeks or so, all I am being is irritated. So when my phone rang this morning and I didn't recognize the number, it went ignored. They didn't leave a message. Well, I was taking my little guy to the bathroom, it rang again. Same number and they left a message. It was the nurse from my drs office.
Now for the most part, when you have blood work done, they flat out tell you that if they find something they will call you, otherwise "See you at your next appt!" Of course I started freaking out. The nurse NEVER calls unless its bad new. Never. So I call back. And she's not at her desk. After leaving a message, I start to freak out more. There go all my summer eating plans. Yes, I have plans... Mostly because hubby will be here and he is taking me to The Melting Pot for my birthday,(major fondue craving here) And then I will be in Los Angeles for a friends wedding, and Fathers day is coming. Thats a LOT of cake to miss out on.
Finally she calls back, and tells me I PASSED! I PASSED!!!! I don't have Gestational Diabetes, I don't have to test my blood sugar 4 times a day, or give myself insulin injections! Oh happy day!

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh yeah, that's great news! I'm so glad you don't have the diabetes and everything is ok. Take good care of yourself!

P.S. I have been dying to go to a Melting Pot but there's not one anywhere near me - let us know what you had and how it is, LOL!

Laura said...

Oh what a relief for you!