Saturday, May 5, 2007

Life In General....

If you looked on the couches behind me, you would see my youngest fast asleep. And I mean ASLEEP!! He was tired and cranky, and me being the mean mommy that I am told him he couldn't have a nap! Why? you ask... Well, when he naps, he has a hard time going down at bedtime which is 8pm-ish. And I like the boys in bed at 8 so I have some time to myself before exhaustion chases me down and drags me to bed too.
As my due date for #3 approaches, I am only 28 weeks, but I can see the end looming in the distance, I get tired a lot easier. I think it may have something to do with how much I am taking on right now. Hubby comes home in 17 days, HOORAY!, but that makes me the mommy/daddy/grocery shoppin, hauling everything up the stairs, cleaning my house, and running my business crazy like person until then. I have a HUGE wedding coming up this weekend, I will be SUPER swamped this week, then the following week, I have a drs appt. Yippee for glucose tests. and then the following week Dh comes home! So that means on top of the usual cleaning, I have to do some major cleaning for DH. Not because he expects it, but because I am crazy like that. And my oldest guy wants to make a 3D train cake in "honor" or Daddy coming home. Yeah right. Because my 3yr old is thinking of Daddy when he makes that request. If I asked, the requested dessert would be a cherry cheesecake or cherry pie.
There is a lot of work that goes into a 3D Train Cake, in fact when we got the pan for it this past year for my 3 yr olds birthday, it took about 4 trial bakes to figure out the exact amount of batter and bake time to make it work. It was not fun and easy like the instructions said. That is a ONCE a year cake. And I have 6 more months before I have to make it again!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Third trimester...remember, we get tired a lot again. Plus you are doing a lot woman! I'm exhausted and not doing near that much.