Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sophisticated Tastes

Little Guy is quickly approaching the big 5! And while he is still my littlest in size, his taste is growing up quite nicely. He loves Transformers so that became the obvious theme. Then came choosing a cake. Little Guy is much more sure of my talents in the decorating area then I am. Some of the cake designs he was looking at were so over the top, they made me want to curl up in the corner and cry just thinking about how to get a cake to look like that. We finally agreed on an Optimus Prime cake, and thankfully its not one of him standing up! The colors are fairly basic, blue and red, and some silver and black detailing. We went and picked up all the needed fondant, and accessories, ok, I admit I probably went overboard in that area! So last night I was looking at the photo again and realized we had never decided on what the cake flavor would be! It used to be that when I would ask Little Guy a specific question, I would get a very random answer. "Little Guy, what would you like to eat?" and his answer would be "TOASTER!" No, he didn't want toast, he just loved to say random silly things. So yesterday when I asked him what kind of cake did he want, as in taste, I was very surprised when he thought for a minute and then said Chocolate Peanut Butter!
Then came a much harder question, what did he want for his birthday dinner? Of course I eliminated the obvious choice of pizza because it feels like we have eaten that quite a bit lately. I was waiting for Peanut Butter and Jelly because thats what he wants to eat all day long! Instead he shouted MEAT! Ok, well that encompasses a lot of territory. What KIND of MEAT?! Roast. Little Guy wants a Roast, with baby carrots and potatoes, corn on the cob, rolls, and a Chocolate Peanut Butter cake.
Ah, almost 5, and my Little Guy is becoming a Gourmand!

No comments: