Monday, February 8, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

Which is saying quite a bit, because I eat a lot! If I was going to be on Food Network, and someday I will be! I would be talking about this dish....

Smoked Mozzerella and Sundried Tomato Risotto, with Panseared Flank Steak. This was AMAZING! Seriously. The flavor was right on. I didn't have any shallots on hand, so I used red onion. It was still delicious but I think next time I will use shallots and caramelize them. Make sure that you also get a good quality smoked mozzerella, it really rounds out the risotto. Is it wrong I want to warm up my leftovers already and eat them now?

For the steak, I heated up about 2 tblsp of butter on high heat, so that it bubbled up and started to brown a bit before I tossed the Flank Steak on the pan. And seared it quick! And then let it rest for like 10 minutes. Oh it was SO good!! Definitely will be making this again in the very near future...

No comments: