Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just Like A Man

When it comes to certain things, I am a very detail oriented person. Every time we have a sitter, no matter who they are, or whether they have sat for us in the past, I type up a sheet detailing everything from food, to bedtime, and what the kids will be sleeping in. That way there is no excuse for not getting it right. Tj can be VERY hard to deal with if you initiate change without prior consent, and the right forms processed in triplicate. Little Guy is fairly easy and rolls with most things, and well, The Princess, we have learned certain tricks to do, in order to head off disaster, in other words, how to keep her from streaking in front of new folks!

So last night, we had a new sitter who had come highly recommended by our regular sitter. Personally I think D. has an ENORMOUS crush on N, our sitter, and would do just about anything for her. And I can't say that I blame him, she is adorable!

Our guy arrived last night, LATE I might add, something else I am pretty sure a girl sitter would never dream of, and I walked him through my list, as well as gave him a tour of the rooms relevant to that night. I keep our bedroom locked, mostly because at the moment, it is a pit!

As luck would have it, Tj decided he needed to use 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper and cause it to overflow. One of Little Guys fears of course. It was fine until Tj flushed the second time and it flooded the bathroom. At which point, I got a text from D asking where the plunger was. Ummm... in our bathroom, which you have to brave the pit to get to. Yep. Along with that, he had to use a nail to unlock the doors since they lock from the inside and thats how I keep a certain little girl from dragging tampons and toothbrushes around the house.

While D was picking our locks, Tj ran and put on his swim trunks so he could take a dip in the overflowing toilet water. Were our kids born in a barn or what?!

Once that disaster was cleaned up, and our sitter was officially initiated, things went fairly smoothly. My friend, one of our neighbors daughters, and I came home and got the rundown and relieved him. Honestly, in-spite of the toilet issue, it sounded like he had fun with the kids and they didn't give him too hard of a time.

I went around the house, doing my usual before bedtime routine, and went to check on The Princess. Now, in my OCD Notes for D, I mentioned that she sleeps in a onesie. The reason being that when she was sleeping in her crib, we would come in one too many times and find her fast asleep and buck naked. Jammies were just too easy for her to get off. And so far The Princess hasn't even bothered trying to unsnap a onesie. Plus much like the Hubster, she gets overheated and sweaty in her sleep. Oh the lucky man that will marry her!
The Princess was in FOOTIE jammies... Now I suppose to a guy, that is, indeed, a onesie. The best part however, was when I went to change her diaper, and discovered, the onesie/footie pajamas, were on her BACKWARDS! Poor Princess, the legs were all twisted so that the feet were on properly, and the neckline was so high up since it was really the back. And of course she was way too hot. It was all I could do to not laugh out loud and wake her up. At least the diaper wasn't on backwards too.

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

LOL! I would have to say you are brave letting a guy watch your kiddos. Not that they can't do it, but yeah, things like the footie pajamas on backwards... hee hee.