Monday, December 2, 2013

Post Thanksgiving Thankfulness

Happy 4 days after Thanksgiving! We spent ours in a whirlwind of turkey, ham, and stuffing. Pies, cookies, and my personal favorite, a Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle! Being surrounded by friends made it even better. Being military makes it hard to get together with our families, so having friends we can spend the day with helps a lot. We may not love where we live, but we do love who we live near! We have a lot to be thankful for, last year, the hubs was deployed and I was sad. This year, we have somehow managed to have him home for the majority of the holidays. That never happens!! We even get Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and Day! I feel so blessed. It's funny the little things you become thankful for as time passes. At bedtime last night I was putting the Princess to bed, she asked if she could pray. Of course! She started out praying for a good nights sleep, and then she asked for money for a house so she can have 2 pets.... Priorities. She occasionally throws in prayers for her new sister, her plan is that we buy her a GINORMOUS pink unicorn for Christmas, and then we can start saving to bring her new sister home. I am so thankful for her sweet heart. I am thankful for our boys, who came to us the other night and gave us their piggy bank to donate to our adoption fund! We must be doing something right, even though they fight and argue, and disagree with us and each other, they have huge hearts. I have a Bible app on my phone, today's verse was exactly what I needed when I woke up. 1 John 5:14,15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him! What an awesome promise to us, His children. Even the last song we sang at church yesterday was exactly what I needed to hear. Hillsong United Oceans You call me out upon the waters The great unknown where feet may fail And there I find You in the mystery In oceans deep My faith will stand And I will call upon Your name And keep my eyes above the waves When oceans rise My soul will rest in Your embrace For I am Yours and You are mine Your grace abounds in deepest waters Your sovereign hand Will be my guide Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me You've never failed and You won't start now So I will call upon Your name And keep my eyes above the waves When oceans rise My soul will rest in Your embrace For I am Yours and You are mine Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders Let me walk upon the waters Wherever You would call me Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander And my faith will be made stronger In the presence of my Savior [x6] I will call upon Your Name Keep my eyes above the waves My soul will rest in Your embrace I am Yours and You are mine This spoke to all our plans and hopes and dreams we have for the new year. The hubs and I were both crying by the end of it. Such powerful words, His grace abounds in deepest waters! I know God is leading us into this new and fearful journey. It's crazy, and I am sure friends and family will doubt we are doing the right things from time to time, but I know God is our guide, I want to have ridiculous faith, a ridiculous commitment to what God has in store for our family.

No comments: