Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We did our first trip to the Pumpkin Patch yesterday. Now I know its only mid-September, but I finally feel Fall-ish and I wanted to relish it. We went last year to a small pumpkin patch but seriously, its really hard to get in the spirit of things when its 90 degrees out. Plus hubby had been deployed so he hadn't gotten to go with us last year.

So yesterday morning we piled in the car, and followed some friends out to our first real pumpkin patch. Complete with hay ride and corn maze! I hadn't ever done a corn maze before so I have no idea if ours was any different than others out there. It was like a game. You enter the maze, read the signs in the beginning with information about farming, animals and of course corn! Then as you go through this GI-NORMOUS maze you look for numbered checkpoints, answer the questions and then punch the answer on your card. There were 12 and let me just tell you, working our way through the maze with 4 children under 5 was SO MUCH FUN! Ok not really, it wasn't too bad, but they were worn out and ready to see the goats and donkeys and chickens about 10 minutes into it. We didn't get to the animals until about 3 hours later. BUT we did get all the checkpoints, correct answers and all without losing any kids! Something to be proud of, I'm sure!

We finished up with a hayride which was a lot of fun, and I know we will head back in a few weeks to pick out some bigger pumpkins to carve and also some hay bales to decorate with.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

Sounds and looks like lots of fun! I haven't tried a corn maze myself, but I'd like to.