I was catching up on my reading over at one of my favorite blogs Pinks and Blues Girls when I read they had been "blagged" (blog tagged is what I am guessing that means!) about 8 jobs they have held. And after reading the 8, I was inspired to do my own, they didn't "blag" anyone in particular, but invited all to participate! So here are my 8, in no certain order...
1. Cinnabon This was my very first job. I was about 14 yrs old, and DESPERATELY wanted to earn money other than what I was getting for an allowance. It was ok as first jobs go, it made me HATE Cinnabons though, I saw all the butter and sugar that went into them and refused to eat them for several years afterwards. That Christmas, I was sent home with 12 DOZEN. Needless to say, we were very popular that year!
2. Chik Fil A This was my Senior year job, I worked here because half my friends worked here, and the other half came and hung out. Plus I had Sundays off! It was also in the mall....
3. Nanny I nannied off and on for about 12 years. I loved working with kids and the pay was really good. Most of the time. I did have some odd experiences at times though. One of the families I worked for in Dallas, the dad was the VP of Blockbuster over Marketing, so I RARELY saw him. He worked in Los Angeles most of the week. I had free reign with the girls and took them with me every where because there was a bad situation regarding the mom. And I couldn't leave the girls alone in the house with her. I grew up a lot during that time.
4. 24 Hour Fitness One of the WORST jobs EVER! I worked in the Kids Club, as well as the Front Desk. The job itself wasn't bad, it was the people I worked for. It was all about the money, and they didn't care at all about their employees. Which was well reflected in how little they paid us! But hey, I got to work out for free whenever I wanted.
5. Waitress I waited tables at Papadeaux in Dallas. LOVED the food, wasn't all that thrilled with the work. This was when I was in Bible College, so a lot of my friends from school worked there with me. It was some of the hardest work I have EVER done. I eventually quit because I started developing Carpal Tunnel in my wrist from carrying the trays. I also was Waitstaff for the Season Ticket Holders of the Dallas Stars!! Hockey, for those of you not in the know! This was the most fun, and I also worked with a lot of my friends from school. We took orders, and money and got to watch the game. There were runners to bring the food down so we had it easy. And the tips were AWESOME most of the time!
6. Mover Exactly what it sounds like. But for Corporations. The funny thing about it, was that for about $12 - $15 an hour, I did next to nothing. Because as a girl surrounded by guys, they wouldn't let me do anything too hard. I stuck stickers on boxes, and counted them. Always a good time, and the companies would usually treat us to dinner somewhere nice.
7. Dillards Typical retail job. I worked in the Jrs Dept. and worked with some great people. This was also my first job as a married woman.
8. Wedding and Event Planner This is what I do now! I own my own business and also just started an online magazine about Event Planning. I love this so much, its a lot of fun. I am taking a small break since we just had our new little one, but I plan on really diving in after we move next year.
There you have it, 8 jobs I have held. Not all of them exciting, and certainly not all of them either! I would run out of fingers if I counted all the babysitting I did! So, I am also not going to "blag" anyone in particular, but if you do it, leave me a comment so I can come and check it out!